The East Slovak Museum
The East Slovak Museum is one of the oldest museums in Slovakia. It was founded in 1872 as the Upper Hungarian museum association, with the goal to collect, preserve and present exhibits of Košice and its surroundings. Today, the museum manages over 50 000 objects and specializes in three departments – natural sciences, history and historical art. The permanent theme-based exhibitions include, for example, the Košice Gold Treasure – the richest discovery of gold coins, ducats and medals in Slovakia, natural sciences exhibition, the Nature of Carpathians, with more than 1 100 geological pieces and hundreds of zoological and botanical exhibits, historical art exhibition Centuries in Art, Rodošto – historical house of Francis II. Rákoci, House of Crafts, exhibition of Art Casting of nonferrous metals in Eastern Slovakia, Wooden Church from Kožuchovce, the Urban Tower with the exhibition of wax figures and many more.