Románsky kostol Sv. Ducha v Trebišove
The Romanesque Church of the Holy Spirit in Trebišov is one of the oldest sacral monuments in the area. The foundations of this church were accidentally discovered in the grounds of the Station of Young Naturalists during archaeological research. The church is mentioned in the papal tithe records from 1332–1337, confirming its existence already in the medieval period.
Archaeological research revealed that the Church of the Holy Spirit had a rectangular nave ending in a semicircular apse, which is typical of Romanesque architecture. A cemetery was located around the church, where 65 burial graves were uncovered. The deceased were buried on their backs, mostly without coffins and grave goods, suggesting modest living conditions of the community that used the church.
Based on archaeological findings, it is assumed that the Church of the Holy Spirit was built in the first half of the 13th century and ceased to exist around the year 1400. This discovery contributes significantly to the historical understanding of Trebišov and its medieval development.
Source: www.trebisov.sk

























































