Church of St. Anthony of Padua in Košice
It is the second most ancient preserved church in Košice. The temple was originally Gothic and later rebuilt in a Baroque style. It is on the Main street (Hlavná ulica), in the heart of the city. The church for Franciscan Order was commissioned by the family of lords from Perín, after the fire in 1333. It was dedicated to St. Nicolaus. Gothic elements in good condition indicate that the church used to have a splendid relief Gothic decoration. Reliefs above the entrance or arches above the sanctuary and former monastic choir are the originals. After fire in 1556 the church was used as a military storehouse. When the object was returned to Franciscans, they repaired it and the church got new consecration of St. Anthony of Padua. Franciscans are not residing currently in the town. The majority of altars, ambo and church furnishings are from period 1760 – 1770. Particularly valuable is the epitaph of Field Marshal F. Renaud from 1740 created by G. R. Donner, the court sculptor of Vienna.