Abbey in Leles
Premonstrates abbey in Leles, dedicated to Saint Cross was established by Vacz Bishop Boleslav in 1188-1212. Within the course of the Tatar invasion, the original building was heavily damaged or destroyed, but quickly restored thereafter. During the 14th and 15th century, the building was gradually enlarged and in 1533 fortified, then between 1623-1639 the tower above the entrance portal was added. In 1896 the convent was restored, and it was insensitively adapted in 1950 for the needs of a school. The Church of Saint Cross Finding was built on 1315-1366 and situated at the southern side on Abbey. The building was adjusted to a baroque style between the 17th and 18th centuries and subsequently renewed in 1892. The Roman Chapel of St. Michael is a part of the Abbey which was built along with Abbey itself in the second half of the 12th century and in the 14th century decorated by gothic fresco paintings. Within the course of the Reformation in 1556, the gothic archs and windows were destroyed. Paintings were heavily damaged, but thanks to Premonstrates, the Chapel interior along with precious fresco paintings have been successfully renovated.